Learn how to create a flipbook starting from a simple PDF upload.
Table of contents:
There are two different ways to upload PDFs in Flipsnack. You can either merge all the PDF files into a single flipbook or upload each PDF as a separate flipbook.
Merging multiple files into a flipbook
1. Once logged in, go to the main dashboard and click on Upload PDF.
2. Select one or multiple PDF files from your computer or your Google Drive. You can also upload JPG files. If you select multiple files, please remember that they will be merged in a single flipbook. You can arrange their order, and once done, click on Next.
From this page, there are different options you can choose from.
Important: You can also click on Share now to directly publish your flipbook without going through the design process. This is really useful if you already have some presets in Customize.
Otherwise:3. Click on Editor if you wish to add interactive elements such as links, videos, and more.
4. Click on Upload if you wish to upload more files to your flipbook.
5. Choose from our different customization options (Appearance, Branding, Menu controls, Lead form, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Accessibility) available on the page.
Important: You can preserve these settings for future flipbooks by enabling the Preserve settings checkbox.
6. Now’s the time to add a Title and a Description. If you’re interested in ranking organically, make the flipbook public. You also might be interested in SEO optimizing your flipbooks by adding a Meta title and Meta description.
7. You can publish your flipbook Public, Unlisted, Password Locked, and Private. Read more about visibility options.8. Before clicking the Publish button, you should know that by selecting the arrow next to it, you will have the option to Save as draft or Schedule publication.
Published your flipbook? Now, here’s the Details page of your flipbook. This page is where you’ll have the status of the flipbook, the Download and Sharing options, and the Preview to see how it looks when shared or embedded.
Uploading multiple files separately
- While on the main dashboard, choose Bulk upload from the dropdown menu.
- Select your files, and click on Open.
- After the files are uploaded, they will appear in your main dashboard.
- You can edit, customize, and publish each flipbook in the main dashboard.
Replace PDF and keep interactions
If you have worked hard on adding many interactions to your PDF and you find that there are some mistakes scattered around, or you want to make some updates to the document, you can re-upload the PDF without losing the interactions. Here's the article that lets you know how to do it.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us via live chat.