Learn how to add your flipbooks into single customized collections called bookshelves
In this article, we're going to see how to add a shelf widget for those who want to display multiple flipbooks in the same collection.
Create your bookshelf
1. To create a shelf, simply go to the main dashboard and select Create bookshelf at the top of the page.
2. This will open a new page in which all your currently published flipbooks will be displayed. You can then select all the flipbooks that you want to appear on your bookshelf by clicking on them.
Note: You can only add published and unlisted flipbooks to a bookshelf.
If, at one point, you decide that you no longer want to share your flipbook with everyone (password locked, private), if a user tries to open it, it won’t be available publicly.
3. After you've selected your flipbooks, click on the Next step, which will take you to the Organize page. There, you'll be able to reorder them as you wish. When you're done, just click on the Share now button and move on to the last step.
4. In the following pop-up, you'll have the option to fill in the bookshelf's title and description, plus its visibility: public or unlisted. When everything looks ready, simply click on Publish now, and your bookshelf will be created.
Important: If you share your bookshelf publicly, it cannot be made unlisted.
Here's what a default bookshelf looks like.
Looks super clean, right? Here's an example shelf if you wanna see it in action.
Personalize your bookshelf
Don't like the color palette? Don't worry, that can be customized.
1. Locate your newly created bookshelf in the main dashboard. You'll know which ones are bookshelves by the tag Shelf label, which is automatically added to all your shelves.
Once you have located your bookshelf, just click on Customize.
2. This will open the bookshelf customization settings. Here you can rename your bookshelf, change colors, set thumbnail sizes, and more. Now I will explain what each of them does.
- Bookshelf name: here’s where you can change the bookshelf name.
- Logo: if you have a Business plan or up, here you’ll be able to add your logo to the bookshelf to increase brand identity. Click on Upload logo, select the desired image, and click on the Add logo button. You can also add a link to your logo by typing the URL in the Add a link to your logo field. If you want to change the logo, you can do this anytime by clicking on Replace logo or, if you want to delete it, click on the trash icon.
- Background and bookshelf color: if you have HEX codes, you can paste them on each field or you can click on the color picker rectangle to choose one. You can also set the background to be transparent, which comes in handy if you want to embed the bookshelf on a website.
- Set thumbnail size: the thumbnail size can be adjusted between 75px and 300px in width.
- Open flipbook in a new tab: check this option if you want your flipbooks to be opened in new tabs.
- Allow searching in bookshelf: toggle the Allow searching in your bookshelf option, and your readers will be able to find their desired publication in no time.
- Show flipbook name on mouse hover: toggle the Show flipbook name on hover options and your readers will be able to easily browse through your bookshelf with their mouse to see the name of the publication.
Once you're happy with the changes you’ve made, simply click on the Save changes button, above the bookshelf preview.
Note: If you are having trouble customizing old bookshelves, you will need to publish them again by going to Edit (not Customize) and clicking on Share now and then on the Publish now button. Then go back to the main dashboard, click on the Customize button, and now you should be able to change each setting.
Track the performance of your bookshelf
If you want to know how your bookshelves are doing, you can easily check their performance in Flipsnack. You can view the general statistics of your bookshelf or get more detailed information on each flipbook's performance in that particular bookshelf by accessing granular flipbook statistics. For more information, you can read the article on Flipsnack statistics.
Here's how amazing the bookshelf can look if integrated into a nicely designed website using the transparent background option.
Also, you can always leave your own suggestions using the live chat, and our friendly agents will make sure to pass them along to the product team.