Working with teams on Flipsnack is easy and it helps you get the job done together with your colleagues.
In Flipsnack, you can control who gets access to what, and make sure that collaboration doesn't turn into chaos, by assigning permissions and roles to specific team members.
Before we get started, however, give the video below a quick watch. You'll learn everything you need to know about the different roles you can assign to team members.
If you own a Business or Enterprise subscription, or if you've purchased a Team or Elite subscription in the past, keep reading to see how you can add more users to your account.
How to add team members
On the main dashboard, click the icon in the lower left corner of the page and select Settings.
Once you are there, select the Teammates tab then Add user.
Next, type in the email address of the person you want in your team, assign them a role (You get to choose between Administrator, Editor, Agent, Contributor, Teacher or Student), then click Send invite.
Roles you can assign to your team
- Owner - The person who created the account. There can only be one owner, and they have the ultimate control over the account;
- Administrator - Admins have the same access level as the owner, including control over workspace settings, billing, and everything else. There can be multiple administrators, but keep in mind that they have full access to everything;
- Editor - Editors have full editing permissions on all flipbooks. However, they will not have access to anything included in Workspace settings or Billing. This means that they will not be able to add or remove users, view subscription details, or make modifications to the subscription.
- Agent - These users just have access to their own flipbooks. Just like the Editor, anything in Account Options except for Change email and Change password are off limits;
- Contributor - This role has the strictest permissions, as it only allows users to create, edit and view their own flipbooks, and they can only be published by the Owner, an Administrator or an Editor.
After a Contributor creates a flipbook, they will have the option to Ask for review instead of Publish.
Once the review request is sent, the flipbook can be published by the Owner, an Administrator or an Editor. Until then, it will appear in their account in My flipbooks with the Pending review label.
There's also a special type of role available for a few of our customers who paid extra for it. It's called Reader.
Readers are people who can only view publications created within the workspace, and shared with them, specifically, but they can't create or publish anything in the workspace. If you have a list of people that you want to be part of the workspace only to view the content that you publish, you can contact us and make an inquiry about Readers. It's like a permanent list of subscribers, and whenever you share something with readers- only, no one else will have access to the publication.
For Classroom workspaces, there are only 2 types of roles:
- Teacher - This role is assigned automatically to the person who created the account. But you can also assign it to another member of your team, if you want this. There can be more teachers in your team, except for you. This role has total control over the account. Only teachers can add or remove other members to the team.
- Student - This role has limited access. Students have full editing permissions only on their own flipbooks. They can’t access Settings, Workspaces, Billing, Teammates. This means they can’t add or remove members.
If your team member accepted your invitation, the Status of your invite will display as Accepted next to your team member's entry in Settings -> Teammates. If your team member hasn't accepted your invitation yet, a Pending tag will display and the option to Resend invite.
How to remove teammates
You can easily remove teammates from the workspace if you are an owner or admin. Go to Settings -> Teammates as we described at the beginning of the previous section of the article (How to add team members).
Next to each team member you will find a delete icon, which will remove the user from the workspace.