So you like Flipsnack's statistics but you want more granulated results. No worries, you can add Google Analytics tracking to all your flipbooks, to see visitors data and traffic stats in Google Analytics.
First, you must have a Google Analytics account.
Log in to your Analytics account, and go to Admin. Select the account and the property you want to integrate your flipbook with.
Then, you must locate your Google Analytics Tracking ID, and that can be done by
going to Admin -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code.
Once you have located your Tracking ID, in Flipsnack, go to My flipbooks, locate the flipbook you want to integrate GA with click on the three dots and select Analytics.
Important: The Tracking ID must be copied with the UA- parameter included.
You can paste your Tracking ID and click on Add to flipbook. That's how easy you can integrate your Google Analytics Tracking ID in Flipsnack in order to track visitor behavior and demographics.
Now, you can import our Analytics Dashboard to get a pre-configured set of charts and graphs regarding your flipbooks. Or you can set up a separate view in Analytics specifically for flipbooks.
Here's where and how you can find GA results:
- Open your Google Analytics account and select the property where you track your flipbook;
- You’ll find general information in Behavior -> Site Content -> Landing page;
- Just enter your flipbook’s hash ID in the search box and hit enter.
Important: it usually takes about 24 hours from the moment you integrated GA in your flipbook for results to be displayed in Google Analytics.
You can also see flipbook events in Behavior - Events - Top Events.
Again, enter the hash ID in the search box, then click your event category hash ID (6):
- Click to read - shows how many times readers entered fullscreen;
- Close - shows how many times readers exited full screen;
- Next - shows how many times readers clicked next to view pages;
- Previous - shows how many times readers clicked previous to view pages;
- Download - shows how many readers clicked the download button;
- Zoom - shows how many times readers zoomed in and out;
- Share - shows how many times readers shared your flipbook on social networks.
Important: embedded flipbooks with the same tracking code as their hosting web page will be counted twice (one count for both the flipbook and the website for each visit will appear in your Google Analytics metrics under two different URLs).
If you need a more advanced integration, you should read about Google Analytics for profiles, included in our Enterprise plan.