In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to integrate Flipsnack with Okta SAML.
Here are some of the many benefits of integrating Flipsnack with Okta SAML:
You can control who has access to Flipsnack in Okta.
You can enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Flipsnack (Single Sign-On) with your organization accounts.
You can manage your accounts in one central location.
To configure Okta SAML integration with Flipsnack, you’ll first need:
An Okta subscription. If you don't have an Okta subscription, you can get a free trial here.
Flipsnack subscription with single sign-on option enabled.
Create a SAML application
To be able to integrate Flipsnack with Okta, you need to configure a SAML application in Okta.
To set up the application, perform the following steps:
1. Log in to Okta and on the left navigation panel click on Applications.
2. In order to add a new application click on Add Application -> Create New App. A popup window will appear on your screen where you need to choose your Platform and Sign on method. Select Web and SAML 2.0, then click Create.
3. You are now ready to complete your SAML integration. At General Settings you need to fill in your application name. Check “Do not display application icon to users” and “Do not display application icons in the Okta Mobile app” box and select Next.
4. At Configure SAML fill in the following information and select Next:
Single sign-on URL:https://www.flipsnack.com/accounts/sign-in-sso.html
Audience URI (SP Entity ID): https://www.flipsnack.com
Important: Check “Use this for Recipient URL and “Destination URL” box.
5. In the Feedback section select “I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app” and “This is an internal app that we have created”, then click Finish.
6. For your application to be ready, you need to complete the setup instructions. Click on View Setup Instructions and copy the information to configure SAML in Flipsnack.
Configure SAML in Flipsnack
1. Go to Flipsnack SSO settings.
2. Enable SSO, Select Okta identity provider and SAML protocol. The Login URL and Identifier must be copied from Okta.
3. Copy/paste the following:
Login URL -> Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
Identifier -> Identity Provider Issuer.
3. Copy/paste the certificate as text in Certificate. Optional, you can always download the certificate.
4. Click Save Changes. Now your integration between Flipsnack and Okta SAML SSO is completed.