Before installing the Facebook Pixel on your profile page and flipbooks, first you should read about the integration of Google Tag Manager in Flipsnack. This feature is only available with the Enterprise and Elite plans.
The Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure and optimize the results of your Facebook advertising. It also allows you to create custom audiences off the traffic coming to your whole site, a specific page or visitors who have taken a desired action on your website.
By installing the Facebook Pixel on your Flipsnack profile you can create audiences and run advertising campaigns to retarget the viewers of your profile page and publications or to create lookalike audiences based on your readers.
You can easily implement your Facebook Pixel on your Flipsnack profile through Google Tag Manager by following the steps below:
1. Make sure you have correctly added the GTM ID in Flipsnack. If you haven’t already set it up, read our article on that here.
2. Log in to your Facebook Business Manager account, open the hamburger menu on the top left corner, and under Events Manager click on Pixels in order to get to your tracking code.
Open the drop down menu from the blue + Add New Data Source button and select Facebook Pixel.
In case you already have a Facebook Pixel created and associated to your account, you have to click on Details button and then on the top right side of your screen, under the Set up dropdown menu and click on Install Pixel.
This will bring you to the pixel code that you need to copy into your Google Tag Manager account.
3. Now that you have obtained the code of your Facebook Pixel, log in to your Google Tag Manager account. Under the Tags menu you’ll have to click on the New button in order to add your Facebook Pixel.
While setting the new tag, click on the Tag Configuration box, this will open a right side menu with all of the tag types you can create. Scroll down to the option that lets you add a Custom HTML Tag.
Here you have to manually paste the code from the Facebook Business Manager that you obtained in the previous step. Afterwards, click on the Advanced Settings dropdown and select Once per page under Tag firing options.
Click on the Save button to set your Tag Configuration and now, under Triggering select All Pages. This will ensure that the code is installed on your whole Flipsnack profile and all of your flipbooks.
4. After you’ve set the Facebook Pixel tag to trigger on all of the pages, close the Tag Set up options and click on the blue Submit button in the upper right to begin publishing your changes.
Next, add details, such as a Version Name and Version description, then click on the Publish button in the top right to activate your tag and apply all your work.
5. Now you’re done and you’re tracking all of the traffic on your profile and your publications.
Finally, after everything is set up, you have the option to check if your pixel is working and tracking properly, using the Test Events tool or by installing the Pixel Helper extension in your web browser.