Spring is just around the corner and it comes with exciting changes. For over 2 months our team has worked hard to deliver a new editor in order to improve your experience when creating flipbooks.
- The new editor is a stripped-down version of the former (still in beta). We’ll be adding more features soon.
- The old editor is still the default for those of you who start “from scratch” because it is packed with layouts and features for content creation. But don’t worry, that will be redesigned as well, soon. You can also upload just one page then create the rest from scratch as a workaround until we add that feature.
- If you edit an existing flipbook, you will be directed to the old editor, for now.
What's different in the new editor?
- Pages menu is on the right
We chose to move the pages menu to the right side to free up some space for page editing. You can still add, delete and rearrange pages from there.
- Page size
You can zoom in on the page that you’re working on, see it full size or fit the page to the size of your browser.
Now you can rotate texts and photos. This is a new functionality which has been requested by many of you. You asked for it, so now you have it!
- Element menus are above page
All element settings (for images, texts, links, buttons or video) are now at the top of the page. You can see them by selecting an item on the page.
- Simpler customization
The “Widget settings” tab is now labeled as “Customize” and it’s the second item on the left.
With the new interface, it’s much easier to change your flipbook’s settings. We show only the most used widget settings, to give you a less cluttered view, which is easier to work with. If you want to reveal all settings, click More options. You’ll see that we didn’t take out any functionality from widget customization.
- Better usability
By taking out layouts and other less used elements we’ve made the interface look less cluttered.
With the new interface, you won’t have to navigate through so many options and settings, because they are better organized.
Overall the new editor is not only prettier to look at but it also works much faster and it's better organized.