Starting today, you can add Google Analytics tracking to all your flipbooks, to see visitors data and traffic stats in Google Analytics. Luckily, it is extremely easy to integrate Google Analytics tracking with your flipbooks. It’s just a matter of copy+paste, really, but we’ll tell you the long version, for those who are not very familiar with Google Analytics.
First, you must have a Google Analytics account.
Log in to your Analytics account, and go to Admin. Select the account and the property you want to integrate your flipbook with.
You can easily add your Google Analytics tracking code to any of your flipbooks, in order to track visitor behavior and demographics.
Here's what you need to do:
- First, you must have a Google Analytics account. Log in to your Analytics account, and go to Admin. Select the account and the property you want to integrate your flipbook with. Click Tracking info then copy the property ID. It is a string like UA-XXXXX-Y or UA-XXXXX-YY.
- Login to your FlipSnack account, open up the flipbook you want to track and go to the Analytics panel.
- In the Google Analytics section, paste your code and click the button Add to flipbook.
- Next, copy your flipbook’s hash ID, which appears right below the tracking id.
- Open your Google Analytics account where you are tracking the flipbook. Now, if you want to view your data in Google Analytics, you’ll have to wait a few hours, because the results are not updated in real time. After a reasonable 2-3 hours, follow these steps:
- Open your Google Analytics account and select the property where you track your flipbook.
- Go to Reporting
- You’ll find general information in Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages
- Just enter your flipbook’s hash ID in the search box and hit enter
You can also see flipbook events in Behavior - Events - Top Events.
Again, enter the hash ID in the search box, then click your event category hash ID (6):
- Click to read - shows how many times readers entered fullscreen
- Close - shows how many times readers exited full screen
- Next - shows how many times readers clicked next to view pages
- Previous - shows how many times readers clicked previous to view pages
- Download files - shows how many times your PDF has been downloaded
- Zoom - shows how many times readers zoomed in and out
- Share - shows how many times readers shared your flipbook on social networks
Please note that embedded flipbooks with the same tracking code as their hosting webpage will be counted twice (one count for both the flipbook and the website for each visit will appear in your Google Analytics metrics under two different URLs).
If you encounter any problems, let us know!