In this tutorial, we’re going to show you how to integrate Flipsnack with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). It’s not as difficult as you might think!
There are many benefits to integrating Flipsnack with Azure AD:
- You can control who has access to Flipsnack in Azure AD.
- You can enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Flipsnack (Single Sign-On) with their Azure AD accounts.
- You can manage your accounts from one central location - the Azure portal.
To configure Azure AD integration with Flipsnack, you’ll first need:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have an Azure AD environment, you can get a one-month free trial here.
- A Flipsnack subscription with single sign-on option enabled.
Get your tenant Id from your application
To be able to integrate Flipsnack with Azure AD, you need to configure your Flipsnack account with your Azure Active Directory’s tenant ID.
To access your tenant ID, perform the following steps:
1. In the Azure portal, on the left navigation panel, click Azure Active Directory icon.
2. Navigate to App registrations and select your application.
If you don’t have one, click on new registration and complete name, and enter the following redirect URI: https://www.flipsnack.com/accounts/sign-in-sso.html
3. Here, you will see Directory (tenant) ID : xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx
4. Copy it
Configure Flipsnack Single Sign-On
- In a different web browser window, sign in to Flipsnack with your premium Flipsnack account
- On the lower left side, on your profile icon, select Account Options.
3. The next step is to select the SSO tab. If you have a premium account, you should be able to see the settings for SSO.
4. Select Azure IDENTITY PROVIDER and your company domain. In Tennant ID field paste your Directory (tenant) id. Don’t forget to save your changes.
Create an Azure AD test user
Note: You need to validate your domain before you can actually sign in with your domain users. Follow this link.
The objective of this section is to create a test user in the Azure portal called Britta Simon.
- In the Azure portal, in the left panel, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
2. Select New user at the top of the screen.
3. In the User properties, perform the following steps:
a. In the Name field enter BrittaSimon.
b. In the User name field type brittasimon @ yourcompanydomain. extension. For example, brittasimon @ flipsnack . com
c. Select the show password checkbox, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
d. Click Create.
Create Flipsnack test user
1. Sign in to Flipsnack with your premium Flipsnack account.
2. Navigate to MyAccount -> Users
3. Now click Add User to open the Add User dialog box.
4. In Email text box, enter the username of user (Ex:email@example.com) and click send Invite button.
5. Now, you can enable or disable the SSO only option for this user. That means if you enable sso only, the user will be able to login only with SSO.
Give your consent to Flipsnack application
1. Go to https://www.flipsnack.com/accounts/sign-in-sso.html and enter your Azure Active Directory admin credentials.
2. After that, the next step requires your permission. Check the checkbox and click accept. Note: This can be done only with your Azure AD main account.
Sign in with test user
- Go to https://www.flipsnack.com/accounts/sign-in-sso.html and enter your test email in input (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A pop-up will show up and you need to login with your test account.
3. Now, you are logged in Flipsnack.